Saturday 15 November 2008

ONLINE FICTION

My short crime story, RHONDDA LIVES is up online at A Twist of Noir. The story has been previously published and when I heard the website will accept previously published work I emailed it in. Soon afterwards this email turned up:


Rhondda Lives is now up at A Twist Of Noir.

While it runs over the 3000 word limit
by about
150 words, I chose it for one
reason.

It's exactly the kind of story
that I'm looking for.
The narrator is thrust
into a situation that he never
chose for him but has no
choice, really, but to
go along with Razzer and Mickey
and the murder of the cop.
It's
well-written, well thought out
and grabs you around the throat
as soon as you realize that
the heist isn't going to happen and the murder is.

Great storytelling.



NOTE - the story was written in about 2006
and originally published on
the Thieves Jargon site. I'm happy to see it
online again.

3 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Great story with sharp dialog. I like the main character's realization that his life so to speak was over when he heard that single shot... Gary, I'm putting together an e-zine that will be going up December 15. If you have another noir and would be interested my email is paladin-1@hotmail.com

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Actually I do have something - I'll check it out, do a little rewrite and email it over.

David Cranmer said...

Thanks. I'm looking forward to reading your story. I will have more info on the e-zine in the coming weeks.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...