Thursday 29 January 2009

MAKE MY DAY, PUNK - once more with feeling.

Now this must be the most absurd story I've reported here - but Clint Eastwood's second Dirty Harry movie, Magnum Force is to be turned into an off Broadway musical.

Full details can be read HERE


That's got to be the most Chicken Oriental idea I've heard in some time - Mind you, I felt the same about The Evil Dead Musical but that's quite good fun. And odd though it may seem a musical Dirty Harry would attract a cult audience.

I pity the songwriter who has to come up with songs based along the famous signature lines.

So here's my go:

Sung to the tune of the Rolling Stones Get Off my Cloud

- Hey hey, you you - get off'a my lawn.

Others titles could be Happiness is a warm Magnum or I wish I was Harry's girl.

Anyone else got any suggestions.

10 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

My favourite Clint story was the urban legend about him being Stan Laurel's love child! They even asked him about it on TVAM when he was in Blighty to promote a film!

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

paul - Yeah I heard that one myself. In a certain light there are similaritis. LOL

Charles Gramlich said...

"Don't fear the reaper?"

Ray said...

Or to Kylie Minogue - ,Do you feel lucky, lucky?'

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

ray you need a punk on the end though

Danny-K said...

Eastwood? Musicals?
Set me thinking - Clint Eastwood in Paint Your Wagon was simply sensational. I loved every moment of that film. Still do, terrific stuff - a genuine classic.

And as a rule I don't like musicals!

So if in Dirty Harry they can include -
I Talk To The Trees,
A Wind Called Maria.
There's A Coach Comin' In

- Then I'm in!

Altogether now, a one-two-three:
Gotta dream boy
Gotta song
Paint your wagon
And come along

Where am I goin'?
I don't know
Where am I headin'?
I ain't certain
All I know
Is I am on my way

When will I be there?
I don't know
When will I get there?
I ain't certain
All that I know
Is I am on my way


Come on admit it - you're tapping your foot already aren't you?

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

and of course Eastwood sang in Honkeytonk man and he also released an album in the 60's called, I think, rowdy siNGS.I downloaded it once - clint tried crooning and rocking

David Cranmer said...

Who finances something like this and who is their intended audience?

Sepiru Chris said...

Hello Archavist,

I wanted to say thank you for your e-additions to the e-world...

Thanks.

I have given you an award here:

http://e-cuneiform.blogspot.com/2009/01/premio-dardos-award.html

No need, though, to do anything at all. I just wanted to thank you publicly.

Tschüss,
(Sepiru) Chris

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

wOW - THANK YOU

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...