Saturday 28 February 2009

50 CLASSIC WESTERNS BOX SET

I got this box set some time ago on Ebay.

The 50 classic westerns intrigued me and I'm glad I bought it - not only are there a stack of old B-pictures starring Tex Ritter, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Ken Maynard there are also rare early films starring Jack Palance, Randolph Scott and, I kid you not, Captain Kirk (pictured below) as a white Commanche.

There's been no remastering done on the fifty films which are all in the public domain but they are all reasonably priced and I'm glad I bought this set.

All of these titles are of the old fashioned wild west slam bam type and there's nothing wrong with that.

There is a version of Outlaw on this box set that lasts 101 mins when the previous longest version I've ever seen clocked in at 95 minutes.
















The box set is still available from several traders on Ebay and also available at Amazon and other online stores.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds good, but man it would take me 5 years to watch that many movies. Actually more than that probably.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...