Tuesday 16 June 2009

ELMER KELTON UPDATE


The Archive sends all its good wishes to six time Spur Award winner, Elmer Kelton who is currently recovering from complications which resulted from his pneumonia.

Elmer was released on Thursday from hospital but later had a fall in his bath room. He has great difficulty in breathing while fighting pneumonia and other ailments (serious.) He had to go back to
the hospital on Friday while fighting for breath.


Elmer has told family that although he wants to be at home he feels he should initially go to a nursing home where the round the clock care will aid in his full recovery.

Our thoughts are with the great man.

Fellow western writer and good friend of Elmer, Dusty Richards said he was very concerned but would keep the Archive informed of further developments.

3 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

I wish him well and I understand where he's at. I, myself, have spent time at nursing homes(two months, a month, and another month) recovering from surgeries before I could go home.

Kerby Jackson said...

Hate to hear it. Elmer Kelton is a living legend and I'm sure that many people out there are wishing him a speedy recovery. I know I am.

http://old-west.blogspot.com/
KerbyJackson.com

Bradley Pettit said...

I wish him the absolute best. I wrote an article in American Cowboy Magazine recently, and I got to know him a little bit. I even visited him at his home and met his wonderful wife. They are both wonderful, great people, and may God bless them both.

Bradley Pettit

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...