Friday 17 July 2009

Coming Up

The Shopkeeper - that's got to be one of the most off-beat titles for a traditional oater but then author, James D. Best has very firm views on the merits of the fish out of water in a western story.

Tomorrow ( Saturday) on The Archive we will be talking to Jim about The Shopkeeper and his other western tales.

There are also several other interviews in the pipeline but I'm not naming names just yet. Also on the Archive there will be a request for ideas of how we can make the next Wild West Monday (2nd Nov) even bigger and better than the previous three events. Add to that all the usual reviews, nonsense and anything else I can get hold of.

So keep reading folks.

2 comments:

Jake Murdock said...

I'm looking forward to the interview. I read "Leadville recently and now have to get "The Shopkeeper," the first in the series. For some unknown reason, Western stories about a man moving to the west always appealed to me.

Murdock

Laurie Powers said...

I've been trying to get my hands on this book for weeks (short of having to order it online). Can't wait to read the interview.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...