Sunday 13 September 2009

THE SAINT WEEKEND CONCLUDES

Well it's been crazy - when I scheduled the weekend I didn't plan on having a ten hour day on set this Saturday. But It's done and dusted - 14 posts, 15 including this, over the two day period. Thanks to all those who contributed and all those who left comments.

This has been an experiment in themed blog weekends and the hits today have gone off the scale - yesterday's visits were at a high but today it's gone nuts. Guess some people are regulars here but many must be finding us from searches for, The Saint. Not surprising really given that The Saint belongs to those select few literary characters that are immortal and always relevant.

Remember - Watch out for the sign of The Saint





Thanks to
Cullen Gallagher, John Sinclair, Ian Dickerson for the input and of course Keith Chapman for giving us the use of his script which received it's first ever digital publication as part of this weekend.

I hope you all enjoy it and The Tainted Archive is open to suggestions for future themed weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And let us not forget we owe thanks to the unknown artist who drew The Saint Settles a Score. Come to that, thanks also to the company "Top Sellers Ltd" which has likewise disappeared into the mists of time but was possibly a front for defunct UK magazine distributors Thorpe & Porter Ltd. I have some inquiries out among the comics experts and will let you know if I hear anything. Better yet, one of them may comment here.

Meanwhile, I can't follow up with The Saint Cheats the Hangrope, alas, but a certain Misfit Lil has taken on said task with all Simon Templar's wit and ingenuity!

Laurie Powers said...

Wow - this has all been pretty major. I don't know a thing about the Saint and haven't had a chance to check all this out but I will once I get a chance. You and your contributors should be very proud of this, Archavist. People will be looking at this weekend's posts for a very long time.

Unknown said...

Well, I've suggested Gary pours himself a congratulatory drink -- or two or three -- and like most of the rest of the world, I guess he's now catching up on some sleep.

And doesn't he deserve it? The Saint Weekend looks to me like it has been a major hit. Loved it and will have to hunt down some of those old movies; dig out my precious Yellow Jacket Saint books from the boxes in the basement.

The standouts from Gary's weekend gatherings were, for me, the well-chosen Leslie Charteris editorial on pollution (a man ahead of his time), the interview with Ian, and the fun picture of Ian Ogilvy and friends (what was that Gary said about seventies clothing?).

Ian Dickerson said...

Undoubtedly Gary has done a splendid job. I think what cheered me most is that he found some new stories to tell and hasn't just repeated the same old thing about the Saint and his adventures.

I'm glad it seems to have been a hit as well. Obviously my picture hasn't scared too many people off!

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...