Wednesday 6 January 2010

BEST OF THE TAINTED ARCHIVE - sort of

While surfing the wild west web I came across a great post on the Only Good Movies Blog - here the author has collected links of his best posts. I thought this was such a good idea that I've decided to do likewise and so here are links to what I consider some of the highlights:

A cracking interview with pulp Historian Laurie Powers
- I'm proud of the introduction to this one.

How to emulate The Saint - This one worked rather well.

He only killed four men - Billy the Kid, Fred Nolan
- need I say more.


The Saint comic strip - Not seen for decades and digitally published for the first time thanks to the author, Keith Chapman

James Bond and Beyond - an interview with Bond writer Raymond Benson

The music never really died - we show that Paul McCartney has done some cool stuff besides The Beatles of course

Wild West Monday
- The western fiction initiative

Yondering Man- we were proud to interview the son of Louis L'amour

The book business is in deep shit
- we spoke to horror master, Shaun Hutson

London confidential
- we spoke with the new king of British crime Mark Billingham

The Apache
- we went all historical for this article

The Sheriff and the Widow
by Chap O'keefe - we published the long out of print classic novel in full. This is part one but all four parts can be located in the sidebar of this blog.

Battle picture weekly - I wax lyrical about my fave childhood comic

Of course there were so many more great interviews - Lance Howard, Ian Parnham, Ian Dickerson to name but a few - just type interviews into the search box and you'll find the almost three dozen interviews the Tainted Archive have carried out. And there are scores of articles that may take your fancy so take a browse.

But remember the best is yet to come

1 comment:

Laurie Powers said...

Yes, I liked my interview too. :) But I really don't know how you could narrow down all your posts to this dozen or so. I mean, almost every day you're posting something that's great. Me, I'm trying to figure out a way to help people find my archived posts easier.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...