Sunday 16 January 2011

Clint Eastwood - No school reunion

The legendary actor, who turned 80 last May, confirms he is often thinking about death and his own mortality. The four time Oscar winner believes it’s natural to acknowledge death but refuses to fear it, citing himself as an internal pessimist.
'Whether you like it or not, you’re forced to come to the realisation that death is out there. But I don’t fear death, I’m a fatalist. I believe when it’s your time, that’s it. It’s the hand you’re dealt. And I don’t feel any different to how I did when I was 60 or 70. I felt good then, and I feel good now,’ he told British newspaper The Daily Mail.
The sombre issue of death has been reinforced by the steady demise of his social circle. Clint regretfully confirms death is never far from his mind as long as close friends continue to pass away.
“You’re forced to think about death a lot at this age, because you’ve lost a lot of people. Let’s put it this way, there wouldn’t be much point in me attending a high-school reunion now because there wouldn’t be anybody there. We’d struggle to raise a quorum. I picked up the paper the other day and another two were gone – people I’d grown up with,” he added.

No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...