Sunday 25 September 2011

Off to see the King

Once again things have been very surreal in the small Welsh village of Porthcawl as the world's biggest Elvis festival takes over the full weekend - as I write the event is still in full swing. I usually attend myself but this year I had to pull extra shifts in the cab to cover a couple of drivers who had ironically gone to the festival.

Still I'm going this evening for the final few events - the  multitude of Elvis impersonators provide great entertainment for any fan of the King and as Porthcawl is less than a thirty minute drive from my home it makes perfect sense to attend. And besides where else could you find several Elvis's parading along the Welsh seafront?

Expect the Archive to be all shook up with our forthcoming report of the 2011 festival.

No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...