Monday 24 October 2011

It's all getting Weird

I've not been this excited by a sale in some time - I had an email this afternoon from Marvin Kaye, editor of iconic magazine, Weird Tales and he's bought a short story of mine, Back then our monsters were real, which I've written under my Vincent Stark byline.

How cool is that!

Weird Tales is an iconic magazine which has published everyone from H P Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard to Robert Bloch. Even Tennessee Williams made his first sale to the magazine. Later this year I launch my Vincent Stark name with the first in a horror trilogy, The Dead Walked and what better AD for the new guy than - VINCENT STARK AS PUBLISHED IN WEIRD TALES???

I'm not sure when my story will appear but the editor has given me permission to announce the sale prior to singing the contract. I've literally been jumping up and down since hearing that the story has been accepted.

COMING SOON FROM VINCENT (WEIRD TALES) STARK
The WIKI tells us - Weird Tales is an American fantasy and horror fiction pulp magazine first published in March 1923. It ceased its original run in September 1954, after 279 issues, but has since been revived. The magazine was set up in Chicago by J. C. Henneberger, an ex-journalist with a taste for the macabre. Edwin Baird was the first editor of the monthly, assisted by Farnsworth Wright The "sub-genre" pioneered by Weird Tales writers has come to be called weird fiction.

Keep reading for news of both my Weird Tales debut and the first in The Dead Walked trilogy.

4 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Congratulations! That is a goal!

David Cranmer said...

I'd be on cloud nine as well. Congrats, Gary!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Like Gary and many others I'm waiting breath bated (well, almost) to see what Marvin Kaye does with the famous Weird Tales. For example, he tells me he'll be changing the cover logo back to the well-recognized "big W" one with the first issue he edits, and that he has not been happy with recent artwork. My own thought is that I'd prefer illustration more clearly in the tradition of Margaret Brundage or Virgil Finlay. As Gary noted in his last Weird Tales post, Mr Kaye already has a story under my Keith Henry Chapman byline in his accepted queue (now two stories actually), but apparently a backlog exists of material bought by the previous editorial team, so like Gary I might have to summon patience!

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...