Monday 11 November 2013

I guess they passed the audition - Fabbing it up with the Fabs

Incredible that in 2013 we have new Beatles music - but that's what we get with the On Air: Live at the BBC volume 2 set (out today) from Apple Records. The two disc set contains 37 previously unreleased Beatle performances, many of them not heard since they were first broadcast way back in the 1960's - that decade which started out in black and white but soon exploded into vibrant colour.

The first volume, which originally came out in 1994 is also re-released and  it's worth replacing the original with this new version. Not only does the thing sound better but there are extra tracks. The new CD's are also better packaged with an improved booklet.

And in other Beatle related news Dhani Harrison, son of George, has recorded a version of his dad's song, For You Blue. George's version appeared on the Let it Be album and Dhani's take, recorded as a charity single for the Material World Foundation, is excellent - he sounds so much like his father. In fact when I first heard it on the radio via Dennis Mitchell's Breakfast with the Beatles I thought it was George. It's on iTunes for 99p and you can bet I've bought a copy.

And in even more Fab news I suggest anyone with even a passing interest in the world's best ever group check out the Fab 4 Free 4 All podcast which is hosted by three self confessed American Beatards. The current show features a great interview with author Mark Lewishon. And check out the archives for the older shows which are all worth a listen or two or three.

All these years later there is no escaping the Beatles and the incredible influence they still exert over all the music out there in this big wide world.

CD ONE
And Here We Are Again (Speech)
WORDS OF LOVE
How About It, Gorgeous? (Speech)
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET
LUCILLE
Hey, Paul… (Speech)
ANNA (GO TO HIM)
Hello! (Speech)
PLEASE PLEASE ME
MISERY
I’M TALKING ABOUT YOU
A Real Treat (Speech)
BOYSAbsolutely Fab (Speech)
CHAINS
ASK ME WHY
TILL THERE WAS YOU
LEND ME YOUR COMB
Lower 5E (Speech)
THE HIPPY HIPPY SHAKE
ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN
THERE’S A PLACE
Bumper Bundle (Speech)
P.S. I LOVE YOU
BEAUTIFUL DREAMER
DEVIL IN HER HEART
The 49 Weeks (Speech)
SURE TO FALL (IN LOVE WITH YOU)
Never Mind, Eh? (Speech)
TWIST AND SHOUT
Bye, Bye (speech)
John - Pop Profile (Speech)
George - Pop Profile (Speech)
Betards - one and all - the Fab 4 guys with Mark Lewishon

CD TWO
I SAW HER STANDING THERE
GLAD ALL OVER
Lift Lid Again (Speech)
I’LL GET YOU
SHE LOVES YOU
MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SATURDAY CLUB
Now Hush, Hush (Speech)
FROM ME TO YOU
MONEY (THAT’S WHAT I WANT)
I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND
Brian Bathtubes (Speech)
THIS BOY
If I Wasn’t In America (Speech)
I GOT A WOMAN
LONG TALL SALLY
IF I FELL
A Hard Job Writing Them (Speech)
AND I LOVE HER
Oh, Can’t We? Yes We Can (Speech)
YOU CAN’T DO THAT
HONEY DON’T
I’LL FOLLOW THE SUN
Green With Black Shutters (Speech)
KANSAS CITY/HEY-HEY-HEY-HEY!
That’s What We’re Here For (Speech)
I FEEL FINE (STUDIO OUTTAKE)
Paul - Pop Profile (Speech)
Ringo - Pop Profile (Speech)

No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...