And sticking with Amazon - the company recently released it Amazon Rapids APP which delivers serialised snippets of stories to children's devices - Find out more HERE
The 2016 Futurebook Conference will take place on 2nd December in London - details HERE
The Wall Street Journal recently ran an article claiming that audiobooks are the fastest-growing format in the book business today. Sales in the U.S. and Canada jumped 21% in 2015 from the previous year, according to the Audio Publishers Association.
Audibooks the facts
- Smart Phones have helped with the rise in audiobook usage as they are now VERY portable.
- Technology and the size reduction of files has made listening to audio books in cars and at the gym much more convenient.
- The cost of producing an audio is now (on average) $3,3000 as opposed to $6,500 in 2012.
- Amazon.com owns both AUDIBLE and BRILLIANCE AUDIO. This means, their ACX platform has a huge lead in distribution to this fast-growing market.
- If you fancy trying an audiobook then I suggest Audible - oh why not get Granny Smith Investigates by G M Dobbs (plug,plug) as your first download.