Friday 23 March 2018

Kindle goes gold

I love my Kindle, wouldn't be without it but I've not upraded from my second generation Paperwhite to Amazon's more expensive flagship Kindle, the Oasis - there are several reason for this. For one I think the Oasis is far too expensive and for another I don't see how they can improve on the reading experience I get from the Paperwhite.  Well now Amazon are to launch a champagne gold version of the Oasis. The new model will be gold plated on the sides and back of the device, but I certainly won't be tempted. The Paperwhite is superb and when I do need another device - I recently had to replace my model after a can of Monster energy drink burst in my bag - I'll simply get another Paperwhite. I've already bought two of the buggers.

The paperwhite currently retails for £109, while the Oasis will set you back more than twice that at £229 and, no doubt, the gold plated device will be even more expensive. The screens are remarkbly simlar on both models and although the Oasis has bells and whistles, it doesn't really alter the reading experience.

The specs for the current Paperwhite are:



  • Unsurpassed high-resolution 300 ppi display that reads like printed paper. Unlike tablets, no screen glare, even in bright sunlight
  • Thin and light design with built-in adjustable light - read day and night
  • Single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
  • Indulge your love of reading without e-mail alerts or push notifications
  • Massive selection, low prices-over 5.5 million books including latest bestsellers, Kindle exclusives and more 
  •  
  • And the Oasis specs are:  


    • Now available in stylish Champagne Gold and Graphite colour options.
    • Our largest, highest resolution display-7" and 300 ppi, reads like printed paper, without glare, even in bright sunlight.
    • The first waterproof Kindle (IPX8), so you are free to read in even more places.
    • Now with Audible you have access to over 200,000 audio titles. Pair with Bluetooth to take the story with you anytime, anywhere.
    • Thin and light ergonomic design with dedicated page-turn buttons and adaptive front light so you can read even more comfortably for hours.
    • Keep reading-a single charge lasts weeks, not hours.
    • Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, newspapers and audiobooks. 
    •  

No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...