Wednesday 2 February 2011

Tarnished Star: The Movie has Risen

Today I've been emailed the early pages of the script for the movie and secured permission from director, Neil Jones to keep Archive readers informed on every step of the way until the movie makes it to the big screen. It may be some time but it's a definate thing that we will see Cole Masters walking the cinematic screen.

Firstly let me tell you a little something about Neil and his company Burn Hand Films. I met Neil several years ago when I took a part in the boxing biopic, The Risen which is currently available for pre-order on Amazon - by the way I'll be offering a feature on Risen and an interview with Neil here on The Archive very soon.

Burn Hand Films have won several awards - They have been producing films for the last 9 years, including the critically acclaimed Risen, The Lost and The Feral Generation.They have also been employed by Microsoft, to produce the Bill Gates approved corporate film, highlighting the uses of Microsoft Hosted Exchange Software.

Now Neil's a great guy though I can't say much about his eyesight because he told me I look like Daniel Craig.

Now Neil read and loved The Tarnished Star and, like I suspect all film makers, he has always wanted to do a western and The Tarnished Star fitted the bill. It's early days yet and it will be a couple of years before it hits the screens but I will report every step of the way. The film will probably come out with a title change and Neil already has something in mind, but I've seen early stages of the script and it's very much my Tarnished Star with a few tweaks to give it a more cinematic feel. Now Neil knows his onions and once the first draft is complete I'll be working on future drafts with him. As Neil said he wants to collaborate 120% on this.

We've already got a location in mind and plans are for us to visit soon to view the Wild West Town where we hope to film, so expect some great pictures here soon. As for who will play Cole Masters - well there are several names floating around but I doubt if we'll be able to reveal who until the film goes before the lens. How about Archive readers making some suggestions - just for fun of course.

Daniel Craig Dobbs
As I say I intend to document every step of the way so by the time the film hits, Archive readers will know it inside out and hopefully enjoy the film because they will feel a part of it. Personally I've over the moon - it's a dream come true and I'll also get a small part in this thing. Hey, I'll get to wear the hat and carry the guns.

Look out Daniel Craig.




(The Tarnished Star can be ordered from Amazon, Book Depository and pretty much all online retailers. Or check the book out at your local library. )

6 comments:

Ben Willans said...

Holy Fucking Shit Gary! This is awesome. Congratulations and well done! Even getting as far as you have is a tremendous achievement.

Paul D Brazill said...

Brilliant! Congratulations!

G. B. Miller said...

Congrats on making it to celluloid. Perhaps we can see you do a Quentin Tarratino thing where you make an appearance as a minor character in the movie?

Paul Bishop said...

Congratulations! I'm going to have to find a copy of Risen for my Knuckles and Gloves blog...

ChuckTyrell said...

Hey Gary/Jack

Why can't you play Cole Masters? Can't think of anyone who knows him better. I reckon you can learn yank talk, Christian Bale did it. Congrats. If you need another novel to consider for movies, may I suggest one of mine? A Man Called Breed might work, but you'd need a lot of desert location and some Apaches. (shameless self promotion department made me write this)

Keep us up to date.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Chuck - nice idea but I'm not hard enough.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...