Quentin Tarantino assembled his “The Hateful Eight” team for a panel at Comic-Con in San Diego on Saturday.
During the panel, Tarantino announced that legendary film composer Ennio Morricone
will write the score for “Hateful Eight,” marking his first Western
score in 40 years. Morricone is best known for his innovative music for
the Spaghetti Westerns, particularly “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.”
The director was joined by the main cast members who make up the
titular “Eight,” minus Samuel L. Jackson, who provided the voiceover for
one of the videos presented during the panel. Kurt Russell, Jennifer
Jason Leigh, Tim Roth and Bruce Dern were among those from the cast
attending the discussion.
“Quentin has greatest attention to detail as any director who ever
lived,” Dern said. “If he had a rival it would only be Luchino
Visconti.”
Tarantino went into a rant against digital cinema - “That’s not the movie industry I signed up for,” Tarantino said. “I
am not a fan of digital projection…we’ve already ceded too much ground
to the barbarians.” Digital cinema, he said, is “like HBO in public. So
maybe I’ll move into TV.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
UPDATE - Interview with kid expert Fred Nolan on the Archive HERE Billy the Kid keeps riding through the dreamscape of our minds-silhou...
-
I've have decided to read the entire Lonesome Dove saga in chronological order which means I kick off with Dead Man's Walk which w...
-
James Reason er is a highly regarded western writer - his books are tightly plotted with realistic characters and engaging plots. His writ...

No comments:
Post a Comment