Sunday 12 August 2018

The Man Booker Prize gets Real - Belinda Bauer longlisted

When I reviewed Snap by Belinda Bauer earlier this year, I wrote:



 - I think this is my book of the year - yes I know we're just nudging towards the end of June, but I really can't see another book coming along that touches me in the way this one did. It's absolutely heart breaking in places, but despite the darkness of its subject matter it is full of humour. The main character Jack, a young boy who carries truly Dickensian misery upon his shoulders is a wonderful creation and it would be a very cold reader who didn't develop a strong affection for him; empathize with the incredible burden he carries around.-


You can find my full review HERE.

Well, it seems that a great many people agree and this week the news dropped that the novel has been long-listed for the prestigious Man/Booker Prize.

Here at the Archive we're rooting for Belinda...but what an achievement.


No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...