Wednesday 1 January 2020

Bye bye 2019

It's been a frantic year for me - what with work and moving home (again) I've not done as much reading nor viewing as usual during the past 12 months. This year I read barely a hundred books - the lowest yearly count since I've been keeping records of that kind of thing). I'm not going to list them all  since I've misplaced my notebook (probably still in one of the many boxes yet to be unpacked) but here are just three of the books that were highlights of my reading year.

Snap by Belinda Bauer - An astoundingly good thriller.
Forever and a Day by Anthony Horowitz - the literary Bond has really found his mojo with Horowitz holding the golden pen.
The Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell - I finally caught up with this series and this last year I read the entire Wallander cycle. This first book in the series is excellent and the books gets better as the series progresses.

As for viewing I caught up with a lot of series and binge-watched Justified, Narcos, Bosch, The Witcher, The Boys,Locked up but perhaps the most memorable viewing experience of the year was The Irishman.

Disappointments of the year has to be the shit-storm that Game of Thrones became in its final season. All of that excellent TV only for it to end in such an unworthy fashion.

Here's to 2020.




No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...