Thursday 11 June 2009

At last we have lift-off - Clint Eastwood


Regular visitors will know I've been toying with podcasts and have posted two episodes - this first was a trial and promptly removed now the second was closer to the mark but again I wasn't happy, feeling I'd put too much into the one show and also that the recording gear was crap. That too has now been removed.

However I am determined to get into podcasting and so I've gone out and invested in some new equipment and I also went back to the drawing board on the format of the show - well I've just posted episode 1a and this will remain live, replacing the original episode 1. It's now much more of an audio magazine - much like the Tainted Archive. The first episode contains details of the next Wild West Monday.

Anyway please listen to it and give us some much needed feedback. I want to create something where you'll be eager for new episodes.

The episode can be listened to in the player at the top of the sidebar on this blog or direct from the hosting site HERE.

The RSS feed if needed is - http://taintedpodcast.podbean.com/feed

Episode 2 will be live in two weeks - subscribe via Itunes, or your usual podcast feed, is the best option.

It can also be subscribed to in ITUNES - rating it would do me the world of good so please do so.

Well let me know what you think of the new improved Tainted Podcast

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll check it out later this evening.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Arkansas Slim - Thanks. You are a hero.

Cullen Gallagher said...

Sorry to sound technologically inept, but how does one "subscribe" to a podcast through itunes? Because that's certainly something I'd like to do.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Cullen - go to the itunes store and then type in Tainted Archive podcast and then select subscribe. You can also browse all podcasts once in the store from the podcasts option on the home page of the store.

Jo Walpole said...

First of all I skipped big chunks but the content did sound good. It's probably just me but my attention span wains after a couple of minutes so for me it's all too long at 17+ minutes. I don't know anything about podcasts so maybe this is the norm lengthwise and so I'll never be a fan of the format. The other thing I found a bit offputting was the music over your voice when you talked about WWM - it was a bit hard to seperate the two and hear what you were saying clearly. I really admire you for doing it and I can feel another Joanne Walpole You Tube video coming on. :-)

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Jo - some of these thing are like 2 hours long.

Jo Walpole said...

Wow - that's well outside my attention span! LOL

Laurie Powers said...

I'm really behind in my blog reads, but I will check it out later. I remember listening a short bit to the first one and thinking it was great. I found it sometimes hard to follow, I think because of the music. I'll catch up with the new one later tonight. This is a great idea, Gary. You are my marketing guru.

Paul D Brazill said...

I'm saving it up but really looking forward to it. especially the John wayne intervew!

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...