Sunday 7 June 2009

A truly remarkable life

Coming this week on The Archive an interview with Steve Hayes Hollywood actor, Black Horse Western writer, film and TV producer, film and TV writer, freedom fighter and all round remarkable guy.


"Despite having a great adventurous life and being in wars and revolutions (Congo and Cuban), I never considered myself a hellraiser. I was never much of a drinker. I was always with heavy drinkers (Flynn, and others like him) and usually ended up looking after them so had to be sober. Also, I can handle one drink. But two drinks brings out the violence in me. It can be directed at anyone, including friends, so long long ago I stopped any drinking sprees as it always landed me in trouble or jail"


This interview is going to blow you all away - THIS WEEK ON THE ARCHIVE

3 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds muy interesante, Gary!

Charles Gramlich said...

Looking forward to it. I've been known on occassion to get a little irritable when I'm drinking.

Unknown said...

Yes, Steve is a remarkable guy. I began corresponding with him in January and have read all three of his Black Horse Westerns (two prior to publication, courtesy of Steve) and enjoyed them all.

I have also read a fourth western which will be published in the US and is just as good.

An article about Steve is lined up for the next Black Horse Extra, to coincide with publication of Packing Iron. Hopefully it will still be relevant.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...