Monday 3 November 2008

SAD NEWS BUT INEVITABLE


Hollywood legend CLINT EASTWOOD has hinted his forthcoming starring role in GRAN TORINO will be his last ever acting job.
Eastwood has cut back on his acting career in recent years to concentrate on directing; his last role was in 2005's Million Dollar Baby.
And the 78-year-old believes Gran Torino, which he directs and stars as a Vietnam veteran, will be his last turn as an actor.
He tells Ireland's Sunday World newspaper, "It'll (Gran Torino) probably be my last. I'll be drummed out of it after this one. Every time you do a movie you think, 'Aw, that's enough of that.'
"I always feel it's very comfortable to be behind the camera."

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Well, he leaves a helluva legacy behind as an actor anyway.

Chris said...

So much for the possibility of such sequels as The Gauntlet 2, a follow-up to Any Which Way You Can, and Unforgiven: The Return of William Munny. LOL.

I'll miss Clint on-screen, but what a legacy!

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

I know it would have been corny but I would have loved a last dirty harry movie - a senior citizen cop

Keith said...

Thanks for your comments at my blog. I appreciate them. Thanks for adding my blog to your blog links. I've added yours to mine.

Eastwood is an amazing actor and director. He's a living legend. He has quite the cinematic legacy. I am very much looking forward to Gran Torino.

Ray said...

Maybe - actors 'retire' until something interesting comes along.
I do believe that 'Pale Rider' was meant to be Clint's last western - but came back with 'Unforgiven'. Perhaps, he does mean it this time. Whichever way you look at it he was a big part of the western scene.
I often wonder what would have happened if John Wayne and Clint had teamed up in a movie.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Ray - That almost happened but I've heard that the problem was with the Duke who wouldn't go for equal status with Eastwood. It would have be so great to see these two guys on screen together.

pattinase (abbott) said...

He made this movie in my neighborhood. What excitement last summer.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...