Monday 15 October 2012

Just the thing for a western writer

How cool is this!!!

Thanks to a close friend who alerted me to the fact that the Colt Peacemaker replica, together with authentic gun-belt was going to be one of the lots at a forthcoming auction I was able to get this Colt for a steal.

Just the sort of thing every western writer needs - of course I only want it for ornamental reasons - it'll look really nice hung on the wall above my desk, and when I'm working away on my western adventures it will maybe provide some inspiration.

The Colt Single Action Army — also known as the Model P, Peacemaker, M1873, Single Action Army, SAA, and Colt 45 — is a single action revolver with a revolving cylinder holding six metallic cartridges. It was designed for the U.S. government service revolver trials of 1872 by Colt's Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company, today Colt's Manufacturing Company, and was adopted as the standard military service revolver until 1892.The Colt Single Action Army has been offered in over 30 different calibers and various barrel lengths. Its overall appearance has remained consistent since 1873. Colt has discontinued its production twice, but brought it back due to popular demand. The revolver was popular with ranchers, lawmen, and outlaws alike, but current models are mostly bought by collectors and reenactors. Its design has influenced the production of numerous other models from other companies.

I'm pleased with this gun and because it's an exact replica of a Colt Model P, right down to the weight and makes one hell of a noise when you fire a blank, it means that I can practise my quick-draw in front of the mirror - well what did you expect!

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I bought a cool replica Colt from Uberti a few years back. you can see it on the cover of Killing Trail. I enjoy having it, and have done some shooting with it.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...