We love The Shat and think that the people of Ilfracombe, prostitution capital of the UK, should lighten up after Shat's remarks on satirical news quiz, Have I got News for You sent town councilor, Paul Crab's kickers into a twist.
The Shat's comment was made on a May 28 episode of the BBC game show Have I Got News For You.
The joke, regarding the town of Ilfracombe, came when the community was
mentioned as an Olympic torch relay venue. After Shatner mispronounced
the town’s name, fellow guest panelist Charlie Brooker noted that it
sounded "deeply sexual." This led the veteran actor to remark that the
town is "laced with prostitution." Shatner has never visited Ilfracombe.
The Shat's off-color remark prompted Ilfracombe town councillor Paul
Crabb to write a letter to the actor, inviting him to the seaside resort
town: "If he came we could show him that
there is no prostitution in Ilfracombe and that it is a lovely coastal
town with spectacular scenery and a close community." Shatner replied to
Crabb’s letter with a characteristically cheeky letter of apology: “I
would be hard pressed to believe that sex was not being had in
Ilfracombe for something of value, perhaps a lengthy marriage, children
or a valuable career.
See the Shat's remark in the video clip below:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
UPDATE - Interview with kid expert Fred Nolan on the Archive HERE Billy the Kid keeps riding through the dreamscape of our minds-silhou...
-
I've have decided to read the entire Lonesome Dove saga in chronological order which means I kick off with Dead Man's Walk which w...
-
James Reason er is a highly regarded western writer - his books are tightly plotted with realistic characters and engaging plots. His writ...

No comments:
Post a Comment