Tuesday 20 April 2010

Alexander McCall Smith calls of tours due to volcanic ash

The author's newsletter broke the news which was also published on the author's Facebook page - Iceland, as we all know, is geologically unstable. If we didn't know that before, we certainly know it now. And this geological instability has caused, I'm sorry to say, the cancellation of my American and Canadian tour. So now I am writing this in Edinburgh, when I should be in the United States, at the beginning of a tour that would have taken me to a number of cities.

I am, of course, very sorry about this and I send my regrets to all those who had planned to attend one of my events. I love these occasions, as they give me a chance to meet readers and to discuss the latest news from the No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, from Scotland Street, from the world of Isabel Dalhousie, or indeed from any of my fictional locations. I also wanted to share with you the new Mma Ramotswe book, The Double Comfort Safari Club. I am very pleased with this book and I do hope you'll have the opportuninty to join Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi on their trip to the Okavango Delta.


In the meantime, my warmest wishes (although warm wishes are perhaps not entirely appropriate when talking about volcanoes).

Sincerely,

No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...