Saturday 3 April 2010

David Tennant WHO?

Matt Smith's debut as the doctor appeared on BBC TV tonight and was a pleasing surprise. I was dubious about this - the actor seemed much too young and after the success of David Tennant in the role, I think many people were expecting the new guy to fall flat on his face.

Not so Matt Smith's performance was excellently quirky and, although it's too early to say, he may even eclipse Tennant's version of the Doctor. The story too was excellent - but then Stephen Moffat replacing the overrated Russel Davies as the show's guiding hand was always going to be a good thing.

I didn't bother watching all of the episodes of the last series - I'd grown bored with the show, felt Tennant was sleepwalking through the stories and well RTD'S stories never made sense, but I'll definitely be tuning in next week. The new guy has revitalised my interest in the show.

3 comments:

Jo Walpole said...

I loved it and (strangely for me and Doctor Who) am looking forward to next week's instalment.

Ben Willans said...

I enjoyed it. Matt is gonna be mega. However, the story was a redux of Smith & Jones and RTD would've been crucified for doing that! Not sure about Amy yet, but I had grown very fond of Donna.

By the way, you need to make sure you saw the Fires of Pompei, Midnight and Turn left if you saw nothing else in season 4.

Donnaj said...

I love the inside of the new TARDIS but the new doctor: Meh.
Not feeling him but I will give Matt Smith time to win me over. I'm not sure if its the acting or the writing. I know a lot of fans (and I'm American, btw) seemed to not like Russell's episodes but I liked his episodes and his whole approach to the series as head writer.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...