Friday 23 March 2018

The Truth behind Christopher Eccleston's abrupt departure from Doctor Who

It's been thirteen years since Christopher Eccleston left Doctor Who after only one season, and now in an interview with the Radio Times the actor has revealed the real reason he walked from what many actors would see as the role of a lifetime. The actor this week said he lost faith and trust in the show runners during filming, and that his relationship with Russel T. Davies broke down.

The actor recently claiming he was “blacklisted” by the BBC after leaving Doctor Who, former Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston has now revealed more about the tensions he felt on set during filming for the sci-fi series.

My relationship with my three immediate superiors – the showrunner, the producer and co-producer – broke down irreparably during the first block of filming and it never recovered,” Eccleston says in the latest issue of Radio Times.

Eccleston is still angry that he never gave interviews that would damage the show in the aftermath of his departure, but he claims the BBC went all out to damage his career.

“What happened around Doctor Who almost destroyed my career.' He told the Guardian Nespaper. ' I gave them a hit show and I left with dignity and then they put me on a blacklist. I was carrying my own insecurities as it was something I had never done before and then I was abandoned, vilified in the tabloid press and blacklisted. I was told by my agent at the time: The BBC regime is against you. You’re going to have to get out of the country and wait for regime change.’ So I went away to America and I kept on working because that’s what my parents instilled in me. My dad always said to me: ‘I don’t care what you do – sweeping the floor or whatever you’re doing – just do the best job you can.’ I know it’s cliched and northern and all that bollocks, but it applies." 

The BBC have failed to comment but no doubt they will eventually claim that Jeremy Corbyn was to blame.

No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...