Monday 12 October 2009

I've been memed once more

Laurie Power's memed me with these reading habit questions and they seemed like fun and so my answers are below.


Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?

Absolutely - donuts and my latest fad - peanut butter and chocolate spread sandwiches.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Sometimes - for research

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?

Never dog ears - Bookmarks, old envelopes, postcards etc.

Laying the book flat open?
No - hold the book firmly in my sweaty grasp.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?

Fiction for fun and non fiction for learning. I read a lot of history.

Hard copy or audiobooks?

Don't really like audio books and tend to find it hard to follow the story.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

Always end of chapter.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?

Always -I write the word in my notebook and then I write next to it the book, page and paragraph where I saw it. Then when I check it's meaning I can look how it was used to further clarify its meaning.

What are you currently reading?

Huckleberry Finn and A century of Welsh Murders

What is the last book you bought?

The Grim Reaper by Bernard Knight

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?

I read one fiction and one non fiction. The only time I mix fiction is I'll read short stories and novels at the same time but never more than one novel at a time.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

In bed at night, in the bath and parked up in the car.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
No preference here

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
George Gilman, Ian Fleming, Richard Stark and Ian Rankin.


How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)

Just so they look nice on the shelves - by size I suppose.

And I meme Steve M of Western Fiction Review

2 comments:

Steve M said...

Enjoyed reading your answers to this Gary, will get mine together later today.

Charles Gramlich said...

I did this one as well. Fun meme.

We are similar except for the book organization thing.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...