Friday 20 March 2009

Bill Crider's Crimewav


Head on over to the CRIMEWAV the crime fiction podcast where Bill Crider is reading his Edgar nominated story, Cranked. If you've never tried Crimewav before now is the time to do so. The podcast run by writer, Seth Harwood is of professional quality and is essential listening for any crime fiction fan.

I love podcasts and subscribe to dozens so I feel qualified to say that Crimewav is among the big boys in internet broadcasting. The last episode featured a lost Dashiell Hammett story which was read by Mr Harwood himself. It's quite incredible that content of this quality can be offered free but then perhaps that's it's biggest strength - the creators produce it for love rather than financial gain.

Excellent stuff.

7 comments:

Scott D. Parker said...

I agree. I am a podcast (and audiobook) fanatic. They are what I constantly listen to while at work. And there is nothing like an author reading his/her own work. There are little nuances thrown in a regular actor probably doesn't do.

BTW, is The Tarnished Star going to be available as an audiobook?

pattinase (abbott) said...

It is a terrific story and CRIMEWAV gets me through the treadmill.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Scott -not at present but there is hope. YOu never know.

mybillcrider said...

Thanks for the plug!

Charles Gramlich said...

Definitely something to check out. I'll head over

Seth Harwood said...

Thanks for the post about what we're doing over at the WAV, Jack. Awesome to get the praise.
If/when you want to podcast Tarnished Star, talk to me. I've got some ideas we can go over.
For the rest of you, hope you enjoy CrimeWAV. You can also get my free crime novels at my site, which includes my May 5th Random House release, JACK WAKES UP!!
I really do love podcasting. It's true.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Seth - the rights to Tarnished Star are pretty much tied up at the moment. But if you'd consider a crime type story set in the old west I'd love to send something for your cosideration. Oh and all praise is well deserved - Crimewav is excellent

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...