Friday 3 April 2009

Post Audition Blues

Today I went for an audition for a corporate video made for a group of solicitors - the finished film will be shown in training presentations and will also be available online on the company's website. There were two parts up for grabs - a detective Constable and the managing director of a firm who is being charged with manslaughter.

I didn't feel too confident at first (I'd been up most of the night with dental pain) but I read both parts and I felt surprised at how well it went, especially the managing director part because I felt the character more than I did the policeman. There were also a spate of differing emotions in the part, starting off as confident and brash and ending as a broken man. It really is a meaty part and requires a gradual breakdown on camera.

I left the audition confident and within a hour my agent was on the telephone, congratulating me on getting the part of the managing director.

Filming next Tuesday - so I'm on a high at the moment.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...