Wednesday 30 December 2009

WHAT DID I SAY


Radio Four raised the bar today with their afternoon play. What did I say by Mark Lawson starred Neil Pearson as a man suspended from work after making some offensive remarks. The problem is that he has no idea what it is he has said, not to whom he said it.

'Do we really want to live in a world where jokes are dangerous?' Max Coleman (Pearson) asks his wife, only to be told that we already do.

It's pretty powerful stuff and looks at this modern politically correct age with a slicing satirical edge - the play can be listened to HERE for the next seven days.

1 comment:

Randy Johnson said...

I ran into something similar years back while working part time at a bookstore. A young woman who also worked there and I were discussing, of all things, one of the Star Trek movies and I mentioned a comment two of the women characters made about sex.

The manager of the store overheard us and jumped me with, "I ever hear something like that again and you will be fired for sexual harassment."

I t was the lady who was offended, not the young woman I was speaking with. It never occurred to me that it was offensive because it was from a Star Trek movie.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...