Follow by email

Friday, 17 September 2010


Daniel Craig could return to work on the 23rd James Bond film as early as next summer, as MGM Studios are ready to move forward with production.
Daniel Craig is set to return to work on the 23rd James Bond movie.
The project has been on hold indefinitely because problems with studio MGM, but even Sam Mendes - who had pulled out of the project because of the difficulties - is believed to be back on board with production, taking himself out of the running to direct 'The Hunger Games'.
According to, shooting on the movie could begin as early as summer 2011.
Bond 23 - which has yet to be officially titled - was set to be filmed this year ahead of a 2011 release.
MGM announced earlier this week that it lenders had agreed to extend its debt repayment period until the end of October.
The studio said: "The lenders took this action in support of the company's ongoing efforts to evaluate long-term strategic alternatives to maximize value for its stakeholders. MGM appreciates the continued support of its lender group throughout this process."
Problems with MGM - which is rumoured to be in $3.7 billion of debt - has also halted production on 'The Hobbit' movie.
However, Sir Ian McKellen recently revealed the movie could begin shooting in January 2011


David Cranmer said...

I'm glad to see this. I'm a fan of Craig.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

David - a lot of people are. Personally I don't think Craig will be Bond in the next movie. Just a feeling lately.

Randy Johnson said...

I liked Craig better than Brosnan or Moore, but less than THE Bond, Sean Connery, or Timothy Dalton. Or even George Lazenby.