This is going to become a must read series, written by the highly respected Cullen Gallagher and posted on the brilliant Not Coming to a Cinema Near you, the series is looking at the western from a woman's perspective. The first entry is live now and looks at 49-17 which I must confess I'd never heard of. It's a silent western from 1917 which was directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin. As always Cullen's article is very detailed and highly enjoyable. Head over there now - HERE
And while you're there leave a comment and show Cullen's editors how much we want to read this series.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
UPDATE - Interview with kid expert Fred Nolan on the Archive HERE Billy the Kid keeps riding through the dreamscape of our minds-silhou...
-
I've have decided to read the entire Lonesome Dove saga in chronological order which means I kick off with Dead Man's Walk which w...
-
James Reason er is a highly regarded western writer - his books are tightly plotted with realistic characters and engaging plots. His writ...
1 comment:
Thanks for the heads-up. I read Cullen's Pulp Serenade regularly, but have never checked out his other site. That's gonna change now.
Post a Comment