Sunday 17 January 2010

It's official - Sherlock Holmes will get a sequel

I've still not seen the new Sherlock Holmes movie - I'll wait for the DVD. Maybe by then we'll know more about the sequel which has now been officially announced: FROM CELEBRITY CAFE.COM

Just three months after the release of Guy Ritchie's "Sherlock Holmes," a sequel is already in pre-production. The sequel's been talked about in the studio way before the first one even came out.

All of the main cast from the original will be return, including Robert Downey, Jr., Jude Law and Rachel McAdams. Guy Ritchie has also been confirmed to direct. It is not clear at this point if the sequel will be completely new material or based on the books of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but if the wireless transmitter in the first movie is any indication, it doesn't look like it will be from the source material, at least, not completely.

Writers have not been named just yet for the film, but the original writers are rumored to be back on board.


3 comments:

Laurie Powers said...

I'm waiting for the DVD too, although I've heard good reviews from people whose opinions I trust. I'm sure sequels were discussed when the first one was even in the planning stages, along with all the merchandise. Movies aren't so much a artistic viewing and production experience anymore - they are a business model. By the way, I'm still needing the title of a good SH story to start with.

David Cranmer said...

Well, I just saw the film. Acting was superb. Action great, but the plot was a little off for me. I'd give it a c plus. The audience I was with was ecstatic and I'm glad to see a sequel is in the works.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm not surprised. I'm sure it was already in someone's mind before the first one ever opened.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...